Last week, word dropped that Harrison Ford had been injured while filming Star Wars: Episode VII. The details of said injury suggested that the actor–who’s reprising his role as Han Solo–had been hurt by the Millennium Falcon, the spacecraft he commands in the franchise. Now, Ford’s publicist has revealed that it was the actor’s leg that was broken by the door of the ship.
Ford was immediately hospitalized following his injury. Reports following the incident stated that he would be out for as long as eight weeks. That’s still the case now though the BBC reports that Ford has undergone surgery and will begin his rehab shortly. Still, the actor’s injury is expected to delay the December 2015 release of the much-anticipated movie. J.J. Abrams, who’s directing Episode VII, has to play the waiting game here, or he can just use a double and/or some digital magic.
This isn’t the first time Ford gets injured on the set of a film by the way. He was also injured while filming Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom; this led Steven Spielberg to shoot a lot of the action sequences with Vic Armstrong doubling for the actor.
Ford is one of a number of original Star Wars cast members returning to the franchise. Others include Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker. The movie is expected to hit theaters December 18, 2015.
What do you think?
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ Loses Harrison Ford for Eight Weeks (0)
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Harrison Ford Will Return To Star As Han Solo (0)
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Carrie Fisher Confirms She Will Return As Princess Leia (0)
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Harrison Ford Is Willing To Return As Han Solo (0)
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Carrie Fisher Was Just ‘Joking’ About Returning As Leia (0)
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Now Even George Lucas Is Confirming The Return Of The Original Cast (0)
- On the ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ Casting Break (0)