The latest and final trailer for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes promises all out war. With humans worn out and seeing the simians as their enemy, with the world completely destroyed by a flu, tempers are high and things are going to get ugly.
As a huge fan of this series, which has only produced one bum movie in continuity (which is to say that Tim Burton‘s remake is completely ignored), there’s a lot riding on this film — especially considering this summer has been relatively weak so far. With Matt Reeves directing, and with Jason Clarke leading the humans and Andy Serkis leading the apes, this is one of the promising films of the next few weeks. Here’s that trailer:
Fox has already suggested there will be a next entry, though it’s hard to say if this film will end on a cliffhanger-esque note that sets up the next one. Currently the events seem stuck on the West coast, so it will be interesting to see if this film tries to suggest a nuclear apocalypse (something suggested by the original Planet of the Apes), though we’re guessing as the franchise moves on it will try to explain how the Statue of Liberty became completely wrecked, and New York turned into a desert region. Dawn of the Planet of the Apeshits theaters July 11.
Why cookie Rocket?
- News Roundup: ’6 Souls’ Trailer, New ‘Ender’s Game’ Photo, And More (0)
- New ‘Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes’ TV Spot Shows Monkeys On Horses (0)
- ‘Dawn of the Planet of the Apes’ Releases New Trailers, Looks to Own the Summer (0)
- Matt Reeves Not Directing ‘Twilight Zone’ Movie, May Helm ‘Planet Of The Apes’ Sequel Instead (0)
- ‘Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes’ Will Star Jason Clarke, Is Set 15 Years After ‘Rise’ (0)
- ‘Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes’: Hey Look, It’s The Teaser For The Trailer (2)
- ‘Dawn of the Planet of the Apes’ Will Be Directed by ‘Cloverfield’s Matt Reeves (0)