As fans of good television know, AMC giveth, and AMC taketh away (actually, I don’t know if that’s true, but it’s a nice opening sentence for today’s news bit, so roll with me here, please). Those of us waiting to catch the Breaking Badspin-off Better Call Saul got some good news yesterday… and some bad.
First, the good—yet kind of perplexing—news: AMC, despite not having aired a single episode of Better Call Saul, has already ordered a second 13-episode season of the show. So either AMC is really happy with the Saul scripts/meetings so far, or they’re simply hoping Breaking Bad’s popularity will give the series enough ratings momentum to justify a second season.
Now for the not-so-good news: those of you who were waiting to see the show premiere this fall will have to wait a little longer, as AMC has pushed back the premiere to early 2015. Back to rewatching Breaking Bad on Netflix and Blu-Ray until 2015, I suppose.
What do you think of the Better Call Saul news?
Source: Badass Digest
- ‘Better Call Saul’: Jonathan Banks Will Return As Mike From ‘Breaking Bad’ (0)
- ‘Breaking Bad’ Spin-Off ‘Better Call Saul’ Will Feature a Number of Familiar Faces (0)
- ‘Breaking Bad’: AMC To Rerun Entire Series Prior To Series Finale (0)
- ‘Breaking Bad’ To Return In August, Is Getting Its Own Talk Show (0)
- ‘Breaking Bad’: Final Two Episodes Will Each Be 75 Minutes Long (1)
- ‘Breaking Bad’ Saul Spinoff Is Now “Full Speed Ahead” And Somehow Really Happening (0)
- ‘Breaking Bad’ Season Premiere “Blood Money” Scored Record Ratings (0)