There are a lot of rumors circling Warner Bros.’ DC release date schedule. Not only do we have Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League coming, but rumor has it that the studio also plans to release standalone movies for Shazam!, Sandman, Wonder Woman, and a Flash/Green Lantern team up before 2018. But what about Batman? Well, Latino Review reports that WB is looking to 2019 for a solo Batman film starring Ben Affleck.
The working title for the Batman movie right now is The Batman. Though this is only a rumor, Latino-Review makes a good argument.
Affleck is committed to make his followup to Argo, Live by Night, once he’s done filming Batman v Superman, which is set to be released May 6, 2016. Live By Night, a period gangster film, will come out shortly after on October 7, 2016. Affleck is expected to shoot his movie after Batman v Superman, then work on the post-production as Justice League – hypothetically – begins production. Then he’d do some press for Batman, press for Live By Night, and then get around to working on The Batman.
There is also the possibility that Affleck could direct the Batman movie if he wanted to, but getting that kind of confirmation is a long way down the road.
This means that whoever is writing The Batman has about two years to work on that script. The Batman is clearly an important movie for Warner Bros. more so than all of those other solo superhero films – Wonder Woman, Flash, Shazam – they have planned.
What do you think of the rumor?
- Oscars 2013: Best Picture Winner And Reaction (0)
- ‘Batman Vs. Superman’ Official Title Somehow Even More Embarrassing Than ‘Batman Vs. Superman’ (1)
- ‘Justice League’: Here’s A List Of Movies Warner Bros. Wants To Make To Compete With Marvel (2)
- ‘Batman Vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Jason Momoa Is Aquaman (0)
- ‘Justice League’: Ben Affleck Won’t Direct (0)
- ‘Justice League’: The Wachowskis To Direct? (0)
- ‘Justice League’: Ben Affleck Approached To Direct (0)